We take the handling of pharmaceuticals very seriously. Using specially-designed temperature-controlled equipment, we transport pharmaceuticals in the quickest possible time, adhering to the highest compliance guidelines.
In recognition of our high standards, we became the first carrier in the Middle East to be awarded IATA’s Centre of Excellence for Independent Validators (CEIV) certification in Pharmaceutical Logistics.
Key highlights of this service are:
- Prioritized ground handling and loading (maximum 40 minutes between the aircraft and the cooling facility)
- Temperature-controlled storage (+2⁰C to+8⁰C / +15⁰C to 25⁰C)
- Dedicated pharmaceuticals customer service team
- Pre-cooled thermo blanket protection to and from the aircraft
- Temperature-controlled cargo hold in the aircraft
- Trained and experienced ground handling
- Convenient connections to over 83 destinations
Frequently Asked Questions
TempCheck is available at over 70 destinations on the Etihad network
Envirotainer RAP e2 container
The RAP e2 is a certified air cargo ULD (Unit Load Device), ensuring seamless handling throughout the supply chain worldwide.
- Maintains product temperatures between ±0°C and +25°C in nearly any ambient condition
- Insulated container shell built in an all-composite material for superior insulation properties
- Fully redundant electric heating and compressor cooling system
- Enhanced air circulation system inside the container ensures a low temperature gradient within the entire cargo space
- Easy-to-use control unit allowing simple operation of the container
Envirotainer RKN e1 container
RKN e1 container maintains product temperatures in the +2°C to +8°C range, in the controlled room temperature (+15°C to +25°C) range or at any chosen set temperature within the operating range of ±0°C to +20°C.
- Insulated container shell
- Electric heating and compressor cooling
- One energy source. Rechargeable batteries that can be recharged at standard AC power connection points
- Enhanced air circulation inside the container ensures a low temperature gradient within the cargo space.
- An easy-to-use control unit allowing simple operation of the container
- Data logging functionality
- Fully redundant charging, cooling and heating system
Envirotainer RAP t2 container
The Envirotainer RAP t2 container provides accurate and reliable protection for large shipments of temperature-sensitive products.
With an external dimension of (L · W · H) 3170 · 2230 · 1620 mm (125 · 88 · 64 in), the RAP is the largest container in the Envirotainer fleet. The RAP is only forkliftable when empty and is most commonly handled with rollerbeds.
Performance and technical details:
This model features Envirotainer’s proven dry-ice-based active temperature control system and enables air transportation of both frozen and chilled product
Envirotainer RKN t2 container
Its provides accurate and reliable protection for shipments of temperature-sensitive products.
With an external dimension of (L · W · H) 2000 · 1535 · 1620 mm (78.7 · 60.4 · 63.8 in), the RKN is the medium-size container in the Envirotainer fleet. The RKN is forkliftable.
Performance and technical details:
This model features Envirotainer’s proven dry-ice-based active temperature control system and enables air transportation of both frozen and chilled products.
The RKN is the only compressor-driven refrigeration unit with precise temperature management of +4°C to +25°C . The robust insulation and thermal capabilities will withstand extended hold times and delays in transit. The battery life is over 100 hours at +25°C and, because there is no dry ice, there are no special handling charges or charges for hazardous goods. In addition, the data tracking device monitors and verifies the payload temperature to aid regulatory compliance and data is easily downloadable via USB.
The CSafe RKN is certified by the FAA, EASA, Transport Canada, Hong Kong CAD, Irish Aviation Authority and Australian CASA
The va-Q-tainer is a high-performing rental container which incorporates vacuum insulation and phase change materials to maintain the required temperature for more than 5 days. va-Q-tec’s Advanced Passive Alternative is delivered to the customer quality-checked and preconditioned, ready to LOAD & GO. The LOAD & GO Service simplifies the container handling during product loading and unloading as well as during transport, hence providing customers with a reliable packaging solution for the most challenging trade lanes. The single and double pallet solutions from va-Q-tec allow customers efficient use of payload space, preserving the efficacy, quality and value of pharmaceutical and biological products with one configuration for all seasons and hemispheres, not requiring power supply, fans or batteries.
The va-Q-tainers come in 5 sizes, each with varying payload capacities and length of performance:
6 Temperature Ranges -50 to +25°C with PCM Elements, <-60°C with Dry Ice
5 Container Sizes From 96 litres to 2 Euro/US Pallets
Ready to LOAD & GO. Delivered Quality-Checked and Preconditioned
Constant Temperature, Easy Handling, Low Risk, High Reliability
Performance at +2°C - +8°C from 120 to 230 hours
To make sure passive cargo is kept at the required temperature between aircraft and the cool facilities, pre-cooled thermal blankets are used which stabilises the environment of the shipment shielding it from extreme weather and temperature fluctuations. Constructed from a double layer of water proof PVC material, the blanket can be used as a primary or secondary protection. Pharmaceutical cargo is positioned in the aircraft to allow for quick off loading and priority movement to the cool facilities in the hub.
Key Features and Benefits
- Pre-cooled in +2°C to +8°C cool room before applied to maximize effectiveness
- Protection up to 45min at 45°C
- Minimises temperature shocks
- Sealed with velcro for quick attaching and removal
- Extensively tested by supplier and Etihad