• Accruing miles for cargo is only available for the following personal items i.e.:
||Generally any domestic animal owned by an individual and complying with IATA Live Animals Regulations and are carried as cargo with an Air Waybill number assigned, such as |
• cats, dogs, ferrets, guinea pigs and hamsters.
• exotic pets such as elephants, cheetahs, leopards, lions etc.
IATA and Airline restrictions apply to certain species of animal, such as brachycephalic (snub nose) and dangerous dogs or cats.
Animals not eligible for miles are those, but not restricted to:
• commercially owned, for instance by a zoo, organisation or company
• used for commercial purposes
• endangered species
A vet, freight forwarder or Etihad Cargo Customer Service will confirm if your pet is permitted to travel.
||Any vehicle which is privately owned and/or shipped by an individual and complying with IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. |
The passport and visa used for importing and exporting must match the name of the shipper. Such shipments are eligible for miles. Items sent for commercial/trade purposes or by an organisation are not eligible for miles.
Vehicles using Charter Services are not eligible for miles.
||A shipment which consists of personal items where relevant custom forms are duly completed by the shipper. The passport and visa used for importing and exporting must match the name of the shipper. Such shipments are eligible for miles. Items sent for commercial/trade purposes or by an organisation are not eligible for miles.|
||Etihad Guest Miles will be applied to the value of a single Air Waybill.|
Etihad Tier Miles will be applied per Air Waybill, not each pet, vehicle or item within the Air Waybill.
• Cargo for commercial purposes will not accrue miles
• Miles are credited up to 45 days after the cargo has been transported
• Personal cargo can be shipped using freight forwarders, sales agents or direct with Etihad Cargo.
• To claim miles, all guests must visit www.etihadcargo.com and complete the Guest Miles for Cargo form including their Etihad Guest membership number and the Air Waybill number, provided by the shipping agent.
• Retrospective claims can be made up to six month after the cargo has been shipped.
• Miles will not be credited without the Etihad Guest membership number and air waybill number.
• The cargo shippers name and the Etihad Guest member’s name must be the same.
• All original receipts must be kept until the miles have been credited to your account.
• Any misuse or fraudulent claiming of miles for cargo will result in your account being closed and any accrued miles or tier miles being forfeited.
• Not available for flights departing USA & Canada, due to TSA regulations.