Ever expanding Etihad Cargo has unveiled a new and highly secure valuable goods service called SAFEGUARD.
The UAE flag carrier’s new SAFEGUARD service is designed to support the requirements of global security service companies, freight forwarders, companies and individuals who need to dispatch valuable goods such as precious metals and stones, jewellery, legal tender, and priceless works all over the world, quickly and securely.
SAFEGUARD is initially being rolled out in 23 certified cargo locations across Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe and North America.
This is the second Etihad Cargo product initiative following on from company’s successful FAST-TRACK priority service which it launched in April 2011.
Kevin Knight, Etihad Airways’ Chief Strategy and Planning Officer, said: “Right across our network and especially here in the UAE, our cargo customers now have a great opportunity to forward and receive valuable shipments internationally, safe in the knowledge that they will be tracked, monitored and securely stored during transit.”
The benefits of SAFEGUARD include:
· Speedy and secure airport to airport transportation;
· Shipments transported in sealed valuable cargo boxes, or for larger shipments in sealed containers;
· Priority boarding and offloading supported with pre-alerts and security escorts;
· Round-the-clock supervision / monitoring at all points including CCTV coverage;
· Storage of shipments at airports in secure strong rooms/vaults, accessible only by authorized staff;
· Three hours shipment tender and retrieval at both origin and destination airports.